A number of fellowships and grants are offered to encourage women to pursue their postgraduate studies. Here is the list of some of the scholarships designed exclusively for women doctoral candidates:
Doctoral Level Scholarships
1. The Luise Meyer-Schutzmeister Memorial Award: Association of Women in Science Educational Foundation established the award in honor of nuclear physicist Luise Meyer-Schutzmeister. The foundation presents an award of $1000 annually to an outstanding female doctoral candidate in the field of physics.
2. The Clare Boothe Luce Program of the Henry Luce Foundation: The foundation sponsors graduate fellowships to women in the fields of Engineering, Physical and Life Sciences, Computer Science and Mathematics. The fellowship is awarded to an outstanding doctoral woman in the sciences and engineering fields. The scholarship consists of $19,300 and is awarded based on the candidate’s merit. George Sherman student fee, health, medical insurance, tuition fees are covered. To cover professional and educational development expenses, an additional amount of $4,000 is awarded to the recipient. Applicants must be U.S. citizens.
3. The P.E.O. Scholar Awards program: The program awards women who are enrolled full-time in an accredited university, institution or college and are pursuing a doctoral degree or engaged in a postdoctoral research. Applicants must be citizens of U.S. or Canada. Applicants are required to get nominated by the local P.E.O. chapter.
4. The Amelia Earhart Fellowship: The fellowship in memory of Amelia Earhart, a famed Zontian and pilot, award women of any nationality across the globe, who are pursuing Ph.D./doctoral degrees in aerospace-related engineering and aerospace-related sciences. An award of $10,000 is awarded annually to selected 35 fellows.
5. The International Federation of University Women (IFUW) Fellowships and Grants: IFUW offers international grants and fellowships to women graduates for their postgraduate study, training and research. Fellowships are awarded to women who are in the second and subsequent years of a doctoral program and for their post-doctoral studies. Grants are awarded for any postgraduate program. Women graduates of any nationality and who are members of ‘IFUW’s national federation and associations’ and ‘IFUW independent members’, are open to apply.
6. The Woodrow Wilson Dissertation Fellowship in Women’s Studies: The Women’s Studies Fellowships provide awards to Ph.D. candidates in the field of social sciences and humanities, enrolled at a graduate school in United States. During the fellowship year, the selected candidates will complete their dissertation. Applicants of any nationality, enrolled in a doctoral program at a graduate university or school in U.S. and have completed pre-dissertation requirements in their field of study are eligible to apply.