There are almost endless opportunities for women to find scholarships, grants, and related education awards so that they can combat those growing college costs. As you explore our website, you will learn that college scholarships for women come in many flavors and part of your mission is to become much more acquainted with how you can identify scholarship opportunities, but also just what might be the most optimium ways you can put some of the scholarship money in your pocket. So lets get started first with one of the easiest, hassle free ways to improve your chances of being awarded education dollars. Let us turn our attention to the topic of Free Scholarships!
Free College Scholarships For Women!
This scholarship offering is a quick turnaround. Simply put, these are scholarships that cost you nothing to apply for. And when you apply, it takes all of about two minutes. Scholarship drawings are held throughout the year and the organization that is behind all of this has been supporting women, moms, working adults, and other college bound students through their scholarship program since 2005. If you are selected you can win $10,000 and there is no obligation. So due to the ease of the application process and potential for a very nice payout, we suggest you take a close look at these offerings.
The list that you see below is a compilation of best college scholarships for women that we have been able to find in this category:
- Free 10k Scholarship- This is a scholarship targeted for anyone who is interested in earning $10,000 for educational purposes. Visit the the site and explore if you think this is a good fit for you.
- Scholarships For Moms- Designed for mothers, these college scholarships are designed to take you further down your educational path.
- Scholarships For Working Adults- If you are employed and aim to go to college then this one may be for you.
Scholarships For Women: Learning the Ropes!
Now that you have had a chance to explore the Free College Scholarship offerings above, it is now time to expand your search. This is a critical step in your search strategy for a scholarship. As you will learn, there are many, many scholarships available to current college students or prospective college students each year. There are many millions of dollars awarded in scholarships annually. To be successful in landing a scholarship you need to do at least two important things. First, you need to compile a list of the various college scholarships that are of interest to you. Here at “Scholarships For Women Online” we strive to both inform you and get you in touch with how to proceed to start the application process. So preparing your Hit List is no insignificant matter. The more the better. The second important success factor is PERSISTENCE. You are of course not alone in your quest to be awarded a scholarship. Often, those that are successful are those that have striven to inform themselves the most….those that conducted the most due diligence….that have the longer list of scholarship leads…. and that invest the time and demonstrate the persistence to apply for many scholarships. It is not unusual for these individuals to be awarded more than one scholarship.
It is not always the early bird that gets the worm in the scholarship hunt. Rather, its often the individual who understands that its a numbers game to a large extent. So if you have arrived at this website and seek to better your chances of being awarded a college scholarship, then by all means take a good luck around. We have provided many, many articles with scholarship ideas and have divided these articles into categories to help you refine your search. You will see displayed throughout the website many offerings with a focus on scholarships for women, scholarships for moms, and scholarships for single mothers. Spend some time and learn about what is available and begin the process of compiling your Hit List! Below is a sampling of some of the scholarships.
Exploring College Scholarships For Women!
- Women in Transition Scholarship (www.scholarships.com)
- Emerge Scholarships: focused on providing scholarships to women who experience an interruption and/or faced a difficult obstacle to their educational pursuits, but have striven to give back to their community. www.emergescholarships.org/
- Talbots Women’s Scholarship Fund: available to women who have completed high school or who have obtained their GED. www.talbots.com/scholarship
Scholarships for Moms!
- Women Helping Women (PEO): this organization is a philanthropic educational organization and was founded all the way back in 1869. They help moms with scholarships, education awards, and financial assistance. This 250,000 member strong organization is headquartered in Des Moines, Iowa. www.peointernational.org/
- Patsy Takemoto Mink Foundation: supports lower income mothers and provides educational enrichment for children. www.patsyminkfoundation.org/edsupport.html
Scholarships for Single Mothers!
- Single Mother Opportunity Awards: given to mothers who have assumed the primary responsibilities for their family. www.soroptimist.org/…/awards.html
- Sunshine Lady Foundation: this non profit organization is dedicated to moms who have experienced difficult times and desire to raise themselves up from their adversity. Doris Buffet founded the organization in 1996 and has donated over $100 million to the cause.
Other Education Awards!
- PELL Award- This education award can offer up to $5,550 for students in need of financial aid and unlike a loan it doesn’t need to be paid back!!
- FSEOG- The Federal Supplemental Education Opportunity Program provides need based Education Awards to undergraduate students. Visit their site to learn more about how you can apply for this Education Award.
- SMART Education Award- The Nation Smart Education Award awards up to $4,000. Visit their site to learn more about the requirements to apply for this Education Award.
As you can see there are a lot of college scholarships that you can apply for out there. But the few that we described above is just the tip of the iceberg. We encourage you to look around our site and to begin compiling your Hit List of scholarships and other education awards. Come back and visit us again and again as we update our content of new offerings. It is persistence that will better your odds of receiving not just one, but multiple scholarships. Best of luck with all your efforts.